Emu Farming

Emu farmers pay an annual licence fee to the state government. They are encouraged to be affiliated with state organisations.

Australia's Emu farmers do not procure stock from the wild or outback environs.

For information on the relevant state Government departments responsible for emu licensing:

NSW National Parks & Wildlife

Queensland - Primary Industries & Fisheries

Emus - Starting an emu farm

South Australia Department of Environment & Natural Resources